Council Meeting Minutes – May 18, 2017

Council Meeting Minutes – May 18, 2017

Present:  Rev. Steve Gordon, Greg Todd, Noel Miner, Darryl Gehring, June Genger, Kim Harris, Judy Harbrecht, Nancy Rice, Mary Helgeson, and Sally Phillips.

Greg opened the meeting and Rev. Steve gave a prayer.  The minutes of the April meeting and the May 7 Special Meeting were approved.  June gave the Treasurer’s report.

Old Business:  The calendar was updated; Log deadlines are 5/26, 6/23 and 7/21.

New Business:  Core Ministry Reports – Stewardship:  Mary reported that they are getting close to filling all committee positions.  Worship:  Noel said that the youth served communion well last time.  The committee has encouraged the Pastoral Relations subcommittee to meet bi-annually.  Someone will be explaining the sabbatical and Ken’s position each Sunday while Rev. Steve is away.  Noel and Rev. Steve met with Rev. Ken Crouch about the sabbatical activities.  Youth:  Kim reported that some programs are winding down but VBS is scheduled for the week of June 12. Kim needs help with VBS. Jr. High OWL camp is planned for the week of July 17. Ten youth will go on the mission trip to Anchorage AK at the end of June, including some from Colstrip, studying programs for homeless populationsChristian Education:  Nancy said that Spud Sunday made $470.  They are still seeking a Nursery Attendant.  Kim will be working with them to plan Family Fellowship Fun Nights every other week during the summer for everyone in the Church family.  On Pentecost, John Staley will bring a fire engine for Adventure Hour.  Hopefully the Blessing Bags will be delivered to Friendship House during VBS.   Mission & OutreachDarryl was approached about a new fundraising plan for Habitat for Humanity, asking for $2000 per church.  He will get more information.  All of our KIVA funds have been loaned; information will be posted on a bulletin board.  Plans are being made for us to walk in the PRIDE parade.  They are looking into genderless signs for the bathrooms.  Mary also reported that the Family Promise Committee met and decided to hold an appreciation dinner on June 25 at 5:30 for our volunteers, with information and planning.  Women of MayflowerJudy announced that the last meeting of the year will be May 24, with a catered lunch and Singing with Ginny.  She suggested a movie night with Friendship House.

Other New Business:  Due to Barbara Miner’s absence, the review of the Outreach Questions will be postponed until the June meeting.  Judy mentioned that there is misinformation on the website:    each committee is to look at the website and see what needs to be changed.  Greg will send copies of the by-laws to council members.

Rev. Steve’s report:  Art by Arla Beal is now hanging in the Fireside Room, and he encouraged all to enjoy it.  Kathy Griffin of the Yellowstone Chamber Players has asked to use the building again on January 5-7 and the Council approved her request.  Rev. Steve has learned about ads for churches in the Tid Bits paper; Kim will bring samples to the next meeting for a decision about advertising our church there.  The Conference Annual Meeting is in Helena, June 9-11.  We may already have enough delegates planning to go.

Greg adjourned the meeting and Rev. Steve gave a closing meditation.

Respectfully submitted,

Sally Phillips, Clerk

Bookmark the permalink.

About Mayflower Congregational Church

Website content added and configured by Anna Nentwig, Administrative Assistant,

Comments are closed.